Founded in 1895, the journal for Luxemburg history was entitled Ons Hémecht until 1939. From 1948 to 1963 the journal was issued under the title T'Hémecht, then Hémecht from 1964 onwards.
Nowadays the journal is issued four times a year and publishes not only research undertaken in the field of history, but also in other social and cultural sciences. The journal also includes selected contributions on local history, research reports that summarize findings of recent master and doctoral theses written in the field of Luxembourg studies as well as book-reviews of luxemburgensia.
Volumes between 1895 and 2015 have been digitised by the National Library. Newer volumes will be added, but the two most recent years will only be available to subscribers or visitors of the National Libary. The tables of contents of recent issues can be viewed online at https://www.hsozkult.de/journals/id/zeitschriften-591.