Monthly journal, founded by Claude Jordan (ca. 1659-1727) and André Chevalier (1685-1747), appearing between July 1704 and June 1773. Initially printed "chez Jacques le Sincère, à l'Enseigne de la Vérité" and despite numerous changes of publishing address, the journal is always printed in Luxembourg.
In 1714, Jordan and Chevalier separate. The former published from 1717 until 1776 the Suite de la Clef du Cabinet des princes de l'Europe. André Chevalier and (after his death in 1747) his heirs continue to publish La Clef du Cabinet des princes de l'Europe until 1773, when, under the direction of François-Xavier de Feller (1735-1802), it changes its title to Journal historique et littéraire and appeares under this title until 1794.